Tree @master (Download .tar.gz)
This is the Dulwich project.
It aims to provide an interface to git repos (both local and remote) that doesn't call out to git directly but instead uses pure Python.
Main website: www.dulwich.io
License: Apache License, version 2 or GNU General Public License, version 2 or later.
The project is named after the part of London that Mr. and Mrs. Git live in in the particular Monty Python sketch.
By default, Dulwich' setup.py will attempt to build and install the optional C extensions. The reason for this is that they significantly improve the performance since some low-level operations that are executed often are much slower in CPython.
If you don't want to install the C bindings, specify the --pure argument to setup.py::
$ python setup.py --pure install
or if you are installing from pip::
$ pip install dulwich --global-option="--pure"
Dulwich comes with both a lower-level API and higher-level plumbing ("porcelain").
For example, to use the lower level API to access the commit message of the last commit:
>>> from dulwich.repo import Repo >>> r = Repo('.') >>> r.head() '57fbe010446356833a6ad1600059d80b1e731e15' >>> c = r[r.head()] >>> c <Commit 015fc1267258458901a94d228e39f0a378370466> >>> c.message 'Add note about encoding.\n'
And to print it using porcelain:
>>> from dulwich import porcelain >>> porcelain.log('.', max_entries=1) -------------------------------------------------- commit: 57fbe010446356833a6ad1600059d80b1e731e15 Author: Jelmer Vernooĳ <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Sat Apr 29 2017 23:57:34 +0000 Add note about encoding.
The dulwich documentation can be found in docs/ and on the web.
The API reference can be generated using pydoctor, by running "make pydoctor", or on the web.
For a full list of contributors, see the git logs or AUTHORS.
Supported versions of Python
At the moment, Dulwich supports (and is tested on) CPython 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 and Pypy.
git clone https://www.dulwich.io/code/dulwich/
- Fix typo Jakub Wilk 3 days ago
- Release 0.18.3 Jelmer Vernooĳ 22 days ago
- [object_store] Flush before fsync when adding pack Earl Chew (commit: Jelmer Vernooĳ) 24 days ago
- [object_store] Avoid leaking previous pack when adding known pack Earl Chew (commit: Jelmer Vernooĳ) 29 days ago
- [object_store] Simplify evasive action for repacked store Earl Chew (commit: Jelmer Vernooĳ) 29 days ago
- Update AUTHORS/NEWS. Jelmer Vernooĳ 29 days ago
- Simplify repack code a bit. Jelmer Vernooĳ 29 days ago
- Add test for repeated repacking. Jelmer Vernooĳ 29 days ago
- Take care not to remove consolidated pack after repacking Earl Chew 30 days ago
- Point to current doc folder (doc -> docs) François Violette (commit: GitHub) a month ago