Tree @debian/0.15.0-1 (Download .tar.gz)
This is the Dulwich project.
It aims to provide an interface to git repos (both local and remote) that doesn't call out to git directly but instead uses pure Python.
Main website: https://www.dulwich.io/
License: Apache License, version 2 or GNU General Public License, version 2 or later.
The project is named after the part of London that Mr. and Mrs. Git live in in the particular Monty Python sketch.
By default, Dulwich' setup.py will attempt to build and install the optional C extensions. The reason for this is that they significantly improve the performance since some low-level operations that are executed often are much slower in CPython.
If you don't want to install the C bindings, specify the --pure argument to setup.py::
$ python setup.py --pure install
or if you are installing from pip::
$ pip install dulwich --global-option="--pure"
The dulwich documentation can be found in doc/ and on the web:
The API reference can be generated using pydoctor, by running "make pydoctor", or on the web:
There is a #dulwich IRC channel on Freenode, and a dulwich mailing list at https://launchpad.net/~dulwich-users.
Supported versions of Python
At the moment, Dulwich supports (and is tested on) CPython 2.7, 3.4, 3.5 and Pypy.
git clone https://www.dulwich.io/code/dulwich/
- releasing package dulwich version 0.15.0-1 Jelmer Vernooĳ 4 years ago
- Extend lintian overrides for testdata. Jelmer Vernooĳ 4 years ago
- Update debian/copyright to reflect that dulwich is now licensed under dual GPLv2+/Apache-2. Jelmer Vernooĳ 4 years ago
- Add new upstream release. Jelmer Vernooĳ 4 years ago
- Merge tag 'upstream/0.15.0' into unstable Jelmer Vernooĳ 4 years ago
- New upstream version 0.15.0 Jelmer Vernooĳ 4 years ago
- Release 0.15.0. Jelmer Vernooĳ 4 years ago
- Fix missing comma. Jelmer Vernooĳ 4 years ago
- appveyor: upgrade win32 to build-220, teat also on py3.5 Kostis Anagnostopoulos 4 years ago
- Update header to reflect that license is now Apachev2 or GNU GPLv2+. Jelmer Vernooĳ 4 years ago