Tree @local-fetch (Download .tar.gz)
This is the Dulwich project.
It aims to provide an interface to git repos (both local and remote) that doesn't call out to git directly but instead uses pure Python.
Homepage: https://samba.org/~jelmer/dulwich/ Author: Jelmer Vernooij email@example.com
The project is named after the part of London that Mr. and Mrs. Git live in in the particular Monty Python sketch.
By default, Dulwich' setup.py will attempt to build and install the optional C extensions. The reason for this is that they significantly improve the performance since some low-level operations that are executed often are much slower in CPython.
If you don't want to install the C bindings, specify the --pure argument to setup.py::
$ python setup.py --pure install
or if you are installing from pip:
$ pip install dulwich --global-option="--pure"
The dulwich documentation can be found in doc/ and on the web:
The API reference can be generated using pydoctor, by running "make pydoctor", or on the web:
There is a #dulwich IRC channel on Freenode, and a dulwich mailing list at https://launchpad.net/~dulwich-users.
The process of porting to Python3 is ongoing. Please note that although the test suite pass in python3, this is due to the tests of features that are not yet ported being skipped, and not an indication that the port is complete.
git clone https://www.dulwich.io/code/dulwich/
- Fix a hang of SSH pull on Windows. Risto Kankkunen (commit: Jelmer Vernooij) 4 years ago
- Some cleanup. Jelmer Vernooij 4 years ago
- Implement LocalGitClient.send_pack diryboy (commit: Jelmer Vernooij) 4 years ago
- Port hooks to python3. Jelmer Vernooij 4 years ago
- Revert "Implement LocalGitClient.send_pack" Jelmer Vernooij 4 years ago
- Implement LocalGitClient.send_pack Paul Chen 4 years ago
- Minor typo correction Yuval Langer (commit: Jelmer Vernooij) 4 years ago
- Update NEWS. Jelmer Vernooij 4 years ago
- Fix issue #247 'TypeError when fetching empty updates into MemoryRepo' by adding check for _num_objects is None when iterating pack data. Hwee Miin Koh (commit: Jelmer Vernooij) 4 years ago
- Prevent duplicate parsing of legacy object files. Jelmer Vernooij 4 years ago