This is the Dulwich project.
It aims to provide an interface to git repos (both local and remote) that doesn't call out to git directly but instead uses pure Python.
Homepage: https://samba.org/~jelmer/dulwich/ Author: Jelmer Vernooij email@example.com
The project is named after the part of London that Mr. and Mrs. Git live in in the particular Monty Python sketch.
By default, Dulwich' setup.py will attempt to build and install the optional C extensions. The reason for this is that they significantly improve the performance since some low-level operations that are executed often are much slower in CPython.
If you don't want to install the C bindings, specify the --pure argument to setup.py::
$ python setup.py --pure install
or if you are installing from pip:
$ pip install dulwich --global-option="--pure"
The dulwich documentation can be found in doc/ and on the web:
The API reference can be generated using pydoctor, by running "make pydoctor", or on the web:
There is a #dulwich IRC channel on Freenode, and a dulwich mailing list at https://launchpad.net/~dulwich-users.
The process of porting to Python3 is ongoing. Please note that although the test suite pass in python3, this is due to the tests of features that are not yet ported being skipped, and not an indication that the port is complete.
git clone https://www.dulwich.io/code/dulwich/
- Add trivial setup.cfg file. Jelmer Vernooij 5 years ago
- Actually run the web server when invoking 'dulwich web-daemon'. Jelmer Vernooij 5 years ago
- Fix formatting of docstring. Jelmer Vernooij 5 years ago
- Fix tests: Add missing Index.path property. Jelmer Vernooij 5 years ago
- NEWS: Mention python3 porting work. Jelmer Vernooij 5 years ago
- Tutorial: support python3. Jelmer Vernooij 5 years ago
- Change the way methods that take a path argument behave. Gary van der Merwé 5 years ago
- Run repository tests with the path set as unicode strings as well as byte strings. Gary van der Merwe (commit: Gary van der Merwé) 5 years ago
- Merge branch 'appveyor' of git://github.com/garyvdm/dulwich Jelmer Vernooij 5 years ago
- Buffer the subpocess.stdout files for SubprocessGitClient on python3. Gary van der Merwé (commit: Jelmer Vernooij) 5 years ago