This is the Dulwich project.
It aims to provide an interface to git repos (both local and remote) that doesn't call out to git directly but instead uses pure Python.
Homepage: https://samba.org/~jelmer/dulwich/ Author: Jelmer Vernooij firstname.lastname@example.org
The project is named after the part of London that Mr. and Mrs. Git live in in the particular Monty Python sketch.
By default, Dulwich' setup.py will attempt to build and install the optional C extensions. The reason for this is that they significantly improve the performance since some low-level operations that are executed often are much slower in CPython.
If you don't want to install the C bindings, specify the --pure argument to setup.py::
$ python setup.py --pure install
or if you are installing from pip:
$ pip install dulwich --global-option="--pure"
The dulwich documentation can be found in doc/ and on the web:
The API reference can be generated using pydoctor, by running "make pydoctor", or on the web:
There is a #dulwich IRC channel on Freenode, and a dulwich mailing list at https://launchpad.net/~dulwich-users.
Supported versions of Python
At the moment, Dulwich supports (and is tested on) CPython 2.6, 2.7, 3.4, 3.5 and Pypy.
dulwich.web module is currently broken on Python 3 (issue #295).
git clone https://www.dulwich.io/code/dulwich/
- Rip out unicode mkdtemp hack - it breaks on filesystems where sys.getfilesystemencoding() == 'ascii'. Jelmer Vernooij 4 years ago
- Allow passing in fs encoding to _fs_to_tree_path. Jelmer Vernooij 4 years ago
- Switched `default_local_git_client_cls` to `LocalGitClient`. Gary van der Merwé (commit: Jelmer Vernooij) 4 years ago
- I'm fine with having my contributions BSD-licensed Jonas Haag (commit: Jelmer Vernooij) 4 years ago
- Add definition for 'quiet' capability. Jelmer Vernooij 4 years ago
- Advertise ofs-delta in server side capabilities. Jelmer Vernooij 4 years ago
- Prefix capabilities with space, consistent with C Git. Jelmer Vernooij 4 years ago
- Fix handling of 'done' in graph walker and implement the 'no-done' capability. (#88) Tommy Yu (commit: Jelmer Vernooij) 4 years ago
- Add TestCase.assertObjectstoreEqual. Jelmer Vernooij 4 years ago
- Update trove classifiers to include pypy and cpython 3.4. Jelmer Vernooij 4 years ago