Tree @upstream/0.11.2 (Download .tar.gz)
This is the Dulwich project.
It aims to provide an interface to git repos (both local and remote) that doesn't call out to git directly but instead uses pure Python.
Homepage: https://www.dulwich.io/ Author: Jelmer Vernooij firstname.lastname@example.org
The project is named after the part of London that Mr. and Mrs. Git live in in the particular Monty Python sketch.
By default, Dulwich' setup.py will attempt to build and install the optional C extensions. The reason for this is that they significantly improve the performance since some low-level operations that are executed often are much slower in CPython.
If you don't want to install the C bindings, specify the --pure argument to setup.py::
$ python setup.py --pure install
or if you are installing from pip:
$ pip install dulwich --global-option="--pure"
The dulwich documentation can be found in doc/ and on the web:
The API reference can be generated using pydoctor, by running "make pydoctor", or on the web:
There is a #dulwich IRC channel on Freenode, and a dulwich mailing list at https://launchpad.net/~dulwich-users.
Supported versions of Python
At the moment, Dulwich supports (and is tested on) CPython 2.6, 2.7, 3.4, 3.5 and Pypy.
dulwich.web module is currently broken on Python 3 (issue #295).
git clone https://www.dulwich.io/code/dulwich/
- Imported Upstream version 0.11.2 Jelmer Vernooij 5 years ago
- Release 0.11.2. Jelmer Vernooij 5 years ago
- Remove David Blewett from list, per his comment on GitHub. Jelmer Vernooij 5 years ago
- Fix Paramiko command quoting (for Unicode->bytes and inclusion of quotes) Andreas Kloeckner 5 years ago
- Only import subprocess once. Jelmer Vernooij 5 years ago
- Move ParamikoSSHVendor to dulwich.contrib.paramiko_vendor, to avoid import errors. Jelmer Vernooij 5 years ago
- Remove use of *args from GitClient constructor; this is only likely to Jelmer Vernooij 5 years ago
- Move ParamikoSSHVendor to dulwich.contrib.paramiko. Jelmer Vernooij 5 years ago
- Support quiet capability. Jelmer Vernooij 5 years ago
- Use bytestring for Paramiko stderr log Andreas Kloeckner (commit: Jelmer Vernooij) 5 years ago